No Products in the Cart
Sweeten Up Your Day with Date and Walnut Energy Snacks
by Autumn Rivers on November 13, 2017
Looking for a sweet snack that will give you the energy boost you need to get through the day? Don’t reach for that candy bar. Instead, make these delicious, nutritious date and walnut energy snacks! Kevin at FitMenCook discovered these on a trip to Jerusalem, where a man who owned a natural wellness shop described how he and his family used to put a walnut in a date to make “the perfect snack.” It sounds so simple, yet so tasty, right? If you’re intrigued and want to try it out for yourself, here’s the recipe for his date and walnut energy snacks. Ingredients for 5 Date and Walnut Energy Snacks:
- 5 medjool dates
- 30 grams of raw walnut halves
- 5 tablespoons of melted unsweetened dark chocolate (optional)
- Any other toppings you want, such as sea salt (optional)
- Open a medjool date and remove the pit.
- Add a few walnut halves to the inside of the date.
- Press the date closed.
- Enjoy this sweet, healthy snack!
- 188 calories
- 1 gram of protein
- 10 grams of fat
- 27 grams of carbohydrates
- 2 grams of fiber
- 20 grams of sugar