No Products in the Cart
5 Ways To Use Protein Powder
Protein powder is a great addition to any health regimen. It’s easy to use and take with you on the go. Getting more protein into your diet promotes lean muscle mass, and protein shakes can be used as a meal replacement since it makes you feel fuller longer.
You can get creative with how you use your protein powder. We’re sharing five of our favorite protein powder recipes. Keep reading to find out how you can use your protein powder in different ways.
Protein coffee has taken TikTok by storm. You may have seen the viral videos of people using protein as creamer in coffee. If you’ve tried this, then you know it really does make you feel full until about lunchtime while giving you the extra dose of energy from the caffeine.
There are a couple of ways you can do this using FitFormula’s Pro Vegan protein powder:
- Make a protein shake using a scoop of protein powder and almond milk, or your milk of choice. Pour it into your already brewed cup of coffee, and enjoy!
- Make your protein shake using 8 ounces of coffee—blend 8 oz of coffee and one scoop of protein powder for a caffeine-packed protein smoothie.
While there are many pre-made protein pancakes and snacks for you to choose from, it’s best to make your own with clean ingredients. This top-rated recipe by The Creative Bite is one of the best ones we’ve come across.
Here is what you will need:
- 40 g vanilla protein powder
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
Overnight oats are a staple for many as they offer convenience in addition to being delicious and versatile. You can make your overnight oats so many different ways with a variety of toppings, but the base typically remains the same.
When we added FitFormula’s vanilla vegan protein powder to our usual overnight oats recipe, we couldn’t believe how good it was! You can’t tell that there is protein powder in them at all!
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 oz greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- .5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Your favorite fruits (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or bananas work really well)
- Dark chocolate chips
- Shaved almonds
Instructions: Mix together milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and one scoop of FitFormula's Vanilla Pro Vegan protein powder. Add to a mason jar of your jar of choice and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Once you are ready to enjoy, top your overnight oats with your favorite fruits, chocolate chips, or shaved almonds. You can also drizzle with a little honey. Enjoy!
Homemade Protein Bars
We don’t shy away from trying new things and testing new recipes with protein powder. This recipe works with both chocolate and vanilla protein powder.
What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups of your favorite rolled oats
- 1-2 scoops of FitFormula’s Pro Vegan Creamy Chocolate OR Creamy Vanilla(start with 1 scoop and then increase based on taste preference)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips of your choice
When searching for a recipe to satisfy a sweet tooth, these protein brownies rise to the top with over 200 reviews.
This recipe is paleo, keto, gluten-free and vegan! And, it only calls for four ingredients! Here is what you will need:
- 1 c pumpkin puree, can sub for sweet potato or banana
- ½ c almond butter can sub for peanut butter, cashew butter, or a nut butter alternative
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
- 1 serving liquid stevia
This recipe goes beyond just protein powder and a base. You can enhance your protein shakes with extra ingredients. For example, adding frozen strawberries to FitFormula’s vegan chocolate protein powder tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry!
Personally, we love this recipe that will keep you full until your next meal.
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice (peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter)
- 2 cups milk of choice (dairy, almond milk, coconut milk)
- A handful of spinach
- 1 scoop of FitFormula's Pro Vegan Creamy Chocolate Protein Blend
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- A couple of ice cubes
The Best Vegan Protein Powder
One of the reasons why many people choose vegan protein is because it doesn’t cause bloating. There is nothing worse than maintaining a healthy lifestyle only to feel constantly bloated by your protein powder. FitFormula’s Pro Vegan Protein Blend will not cause the bloating that you may get when consuming whey protein, which is a big reason why many people who don’t follow a vegan diet still choose a vegan protein.
Vegan protein powder is easy to digest. Unless you have a specific sensitivity, most people don’t experience gas or stomach pain when using a vegan protein powder. It’s much easier for your body to break down vegan protein as opposed to whey.
Shop our vegan protein powders here and tag FitFormula in any of the recipes you make!