No Products in the Cart
8 Healthy Pumpkin Dessert Makeovers for Fall
by Rachael Seda on October 27, 2016
With fall here, there's nothing like a sweet pumpkin dessert to get you in the fall spirit! I personally love to find dessert recipes that lighten up a recipe without compromising taste. Here are 8 healthy pumpkin desserts you must-try this fall (and all of which are perfect to add //www.cal-ez.com/buy" target="_blank">Cal-EZ to for an added calcium and vitamin D boost!).
1.//www.loveandlemons.com/pumpkin-bread-pudding/" target="_blank">Pumpkin Bread Pudding by Love & Lemons
Image Credit: LoveandLemons.comThis dessert is dairy free, using coconut and almond milk as a replacement. With fluffy challah bread, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg, all this warm pumpkin bread pudding needs is a scoop of ice cream to top it off!
2. //chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/10/04/reeses-pumpkin-peanut-butter-cups/" target="_blank">Reeses Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups by Chocolate Covered Katie
Image Credit: ChocolateCoveredKatie.comI have been crushing on Chocolate Covered Katie's blog ever since my cousin introduced me to her delicious desserts. And since my daughter's name is Reese (and I love peanut butter) I had to add this one to the list!
3. //www.halfbakedharvest.com/coffee-roasted-pumpkin-seed-snack-clusters-dipped-chocolate/" target="_blank">Coffee Roasted Pumpkin Seed Snack Clusters Dipped in Chocolate by Half Baked Harvest
Image Credit: HalfBakedHarvest.comLooking for something different to do with all those pumpkin seeds you have from carving pumpkins? This recipe will put a nice pep in your step while both satisfying your sweet tooth and your savory craving.
4. //www.eatgood4life.com/pumpkin-spiced-baked-donuts-with-caramel-sauce/" target="_blank">Pumpkin Spiced Baked Donuts with Caramel Sauce by Eat Good 4 Life
Image Credit: EatGood4Life.comI mean a homemade warm pumpkin donut...need I say more?
5. //www.sarahbakesgfree.com/2014/10/dairy-free-pumpkin-spice-milkshake.html" target="_blank">Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Milkshake by Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
Image Credit: SarahBakesGfree.comThis milkshake is heavenly, you won't even notice it's dairy free. And who needs the dairy when you can add an extra healthy boost of calcium and vitamin D simply by mixing your tasteless Cal-EZ powder in!
6. //www.skinnytaste.com/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced/" target="_blank">Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting by Skinnytaste
Image Credit: Skinnytaste.comSkinnytaste is by far one of my favorite food blogs. Her meals are not only healthy but typically pretty easy as well. I made these cupcakes for my family a couple years ago and they couldn't believe they weren't full loaded. This is also a fun treat to make with your kiddos!
7. //amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/11/05/the-ultimate-healthy-pumpkin-pie/" target="_blank">The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Pie by Amy's Healthy Baking
Image Credit: AmysHealthyBaking.comFall doesn't exist without pumpkin pie in my opinion. I absolutely love pumpkin pie (covered in light whip cream of course, can you tell I have a sweet tooth?). This is a great alternative to lighten up your pumpkin pie recipe so you don't feel guilty about that added whip cream.
8. //foodconfidence.com/2016/10/06/no-bake-pumpkin-pistachio-energy-balls/" target="_blank">Pumpkin Pistachio Energy Balls by Danielle Omar
Image Credit: FoodConfidence.comThis delicious snack is healthy and will give you the energy you need to take your kids to every pumpkin patch in town without crashing! Cal-EZ's registered dietitian Danielle Omar never ceases to amaze us with her raw, clean eating recipes full of flavor. If you want a tasty energy boost - these pumpkin pistachio energy balls are your answer! What's your favorite pumpkin dessert recipe to add Cal-EZ too? Share with us in the comments!