Being in midlife can be depressing. You might have just become an empty nester, or maybe you recently got divorced, or it could just be that as you are getting older, you feel the added pressures of life kicking in. In times of stress, it is vital that we have ways to empowerment and well-being. As women, we tend to put ourselves last most of the time, when the truth is, we need to put ourselves first and foremost, especially during periods of upheaval and uncertainty.
Do you remember when Oprah was always talking about empowerment through the Gratitude Journal? The reason why is because I believe that is a key factor in maintaining well-being and promoting healing. It reminds us that life is not as bad as we think and things could always be worse.
Here is a list of 40 ways to empowerment and well-being. Practice them; it doesn’t take much time and watch your life blossom right before your eyes.
40 Ways to Empowerment and Well-Being
- Walk 10 to 30 minutes every day. And smile while you walk!
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes every day. Lock yourself in if necessary.
- Listen to good music every day: it is pure food for the spirit.
- When you wake up each morning, say the following: Today my goal is _______________.
- Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Play more games than last year.
- Read more books than last year.
- Look at the sky at least once a day and realize what a magnificent world you live in.
- Dream more while you are awake!
- Eat more natural foods than manufactured ones.
- Eat berries and nuts and drink green tea, lots of water and a glass of wine each day (make sure to make a toast to the bounty in your life, and do it with someone whose company you love).
- Try each day to make at least three people smile
- Eliminate disorder in your home, your car and your desk, and let the new energy flow into your life.
- Don’t waste your precious time gossiping or regretting the past or in negative thoughts or in worrying about things beyond your control. Better to convert your energy in that what is positive in the present.
- Realize that life is a school and that you are here to learn. Problems are life lessons from which you learn.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar.
- Smile and laugh more.
- Don’t miss any opportunity to hug somebody you appreciate.
- Life is too short to waste it by hating someone.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously – no one else does!
- You don’t have to win every argument. Just accept that you are not in agreement and that you can agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so that you won’t ruin your present.
- Don’t compare yourself with others. For always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
- Only YOU are in charge of your happiness.
- Remember that you don’t always have control over what happens, but you do have control over what you do with the experience.
- Learn something new every day.
- What other people think of you is of no concern to you.
- Love your body and respect it, you only have one.
- No matter how good or bad the situation is, it will change.
- Your work will not take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will! Stay on good terms with them.
- Get rid of everything that is not useful, beautiful or fun.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you will ever need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, get dressed and be there.
- Have wonderful friends.
- Call your family often and send them messages saying that you are thinking of them.
- Every night before going to bed, say the following: I give thanks for __________________. Today I succeeded in_________________.
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- Enjoy life – you only have one opportunity, make the best of it.
- Life is beautiful – enjoy it while you can.
This article was first published on //middlechicks.com/40-ways-to-empowerment-well-being/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Middle Chicks.